Aligning the School’s programs to the University’s Vision by continuing effort to expand Professionalism and Teaching opportunities, locally and globally.
To educate men and women to search for truth, to think critically, to communicate effectively, and to serve wisely and compassionately in support of human dignity and the common good.
- Academic excellence in teaching and research.
- Creativity and innovation
- Individual development for intellectual and personal grow
Overall Goals of the Programme
The Bachelor of Education (Arts) programme is designed to train professionally qualified teachers with knowledge, skills and attitudes required to effectively teach and provide effective leadership in delivery curriculum. The B.Ed (Arts) focus on providing a broad foundation of the theoretical, practical and professional knowledge in the field education with a focus on concepts, skills, knowledge, attributes, values needed for teachers to develop strong professional dispositions. The programme provides student teachers with exemplary practices in teacher education such as:
- That a teacher education program should prepare teachers through a professional development process of study, reflection, and application.
- That when student teachers have a well-supervised teaching practice, closely connected to course work, where they learn from expert faculty and cooperating teachers whom they can model and coach effective teaching.
- Help student teachers develop a broad repertoire of teaching strategies and understand when to use them to support learners.